The number one reason families embark on an Orlando vacation is to experience the thrills and chills of all the theme parks Orlando has to offer. To be sure that your family gets the most out of your visit to each of the Orlando theme parks, I have compiled a list of some of my favorite tips:
- Wear comfortable shoes. These are a must! Every Orlando theme park is huge and you will be doing a lot of walking. You could be on your feet quite a bit more than you may anticipate. For this reason, I do not recommend wearing flip-flops or heeled shoes to the parks.
- Remember to apply your sunscreen. Remember Florida is the Sunshine State. Trust me, it doesn’t take long to get sunburned. If you plan to get on a water ride, make sure your sunscreen is water proof. If not, remember to apply more sunscreen when you get off the ride.
- Sunglasses are a ‘must have’. They will help protect your eyes from the bright sun. If the kids have sunglasses, bring them also. Don’t spend all day squinting.
- Pack a baseball cap or wide brimmed hat. Hats will help to shield your eyes and face from the Florida sun. This is especially essential for men with bald or shaved heads.
- If you plan to visit Disney’s Animal Kingdom or Busch Gardens Tampa, you should know that the animals are more active in the mornings, especially during the summer months so visit early.
- It helps to take a break in the afternoon, especially if you are planning to enjoy the late night fireworks shows. Orlando theme parks get extremely crowded in the mid-day, so this is often a good time to get out of the crowd and spend a couple hours back at your Orlando vacation home. You can enjoy a healthy meal and cool off in your private pool.
Of course, my best tip is this: Remember that you are on vacation. Make a short list of what you are most looking forward too and stick to it. If you try and pack all that Orlando has to offer in just a few short days, you may find yourself completely worn out instead of rejuvenated when your vacation is over.
Let USA Vacation Homes and Spa be your one-stop for everything you need for your Orlando vacation. With a large selection of 3 to 7 bedroom Orlando vacation homes, all just minutes from all of the major Orlando theme parks, you’ll stay right in the heart of things. USA Vacation Homes and Spa can even have all of your park tickets ready for you!…See you in Orlando!